What are the key features of your online agricultural marketplace?
• Connecting farmers to markets, Freshio is a new-age digital (electronic) e-mandi for small-farm owners (farmers) and merchants and buyers where they can buy and sell agri-produce directly at mutually transparent and best price mechanism without the involvement of middlemen.
• The idea behind Freshio is to deliver tech-enabled future-ready solutions to the farming community in a frictionless manner and revolutionise the way post-harvest management services are processed across the country.
How will your agri-tech platform help or can help farmers?
• In our platform, once a farmer registers and uploads his produce, buyers like merchants, traders and corporates can give orders for purchase. Once the deal is complete, we ensure the logistics of picking up the grain from the farmer’s doorstep and delivering it to the buyers’ godown or warehouse. Farmers get their payments online in their bank account within the stipulated time.
How effective can Freshio be in solving supply chain issues looking at the crisis arising in the country due to Covid-19 ?
We will help our registered farmer members to find purchasers on our platform in a transparent yet safe manner.
• Our field staff and agronomists spread all over the country, provide the critical last-mile logistics support to pick up the produce from the farmers and deliver it to the buyer. This ensures safety of the farmer, social distancing norms and less crowding at the mandis.
• Additionally, we provide value-added services like warehouse financing for the produce, quality checking facility, pre-sowing and post-harvesting solutions to increase yield.
What are your plans for the future in terms of new technologies and strategic expansion ?
• We are continuously feeding and uploading farm data in our app. Through AI and ML, we want to ensure that every small farm owner’s data becomes a key decision taking tool for us. Be it his agricultural land history to credit history to his family history. We want to become the Google Maps of the Indian agri-sector where every farmland is identified, tagged and mapped.
• Through technology, we want to democratise and empower the Indian farmer. Till date, the small Indian farm owner/farmer has never got his due or credit and hence is always financially poor and have been stuck with primitive agri-practices.
• Through our technology app, we are enabling farmers to get the best price for their produce in a transparent and fair manner bypassing middlemen. We want to become the Alibaba of small Indian farm-owners providing them an electronic platform to trade anywhere in the world in a cost effective manner.